Pastor Steven Claspell has been serving in a Pastoral Ministry since May 1995 and in various churches in Indiana. He is a graduate of Asbury Seminary where he obtained a Master of Divinity. He has a Love for The Word of God, and a desire to do the will of God. He is married to Erin, and as of the 10th of July they will be married 16 years. They have 6 children aged under 1 to 14 years old and reside in Newburgh, Indiana.
They are very excited about the ministry of First Baptist Church and what God is doing here at First Baptist.
Director of Music
Julie Lauer is a native of Evansville. She graduated from Indiana University with a B.S. in Elementary Education, and has a master’s degree in Early Childhood Education from University of Louisville. In addition to serving as Music Director at First Baptist, she is kindergarten teacher at Caze Elementary School. Julie has served as Children’s Choir Director and church pianist. She sings with the Evansville Philharmonic Chorus, and is a member of the Fellowship of American Baptist Musicians and the Choristers Guild.
Ben has a passion to see students and young adults encounter Christ. He graduated from Indiana Wesleyan University with a degree in Media Communications. He works for 101.5 FM in Evansville, but loves leading students in Bible study, trips and various activities to have fun and deepen their faith. In his spare time, he enjoys listening to music, playing drums, video editing and organizing RiverCity Faithfest.
We are followers of Jesus Christ, who will use our spiritual gifts to create invitational and caring ministries, while providing inspirational worship that motivates and energizes us to share God’s love.
- We profess Jesus Christ as our Savior and Lord and rejoice in our personal relationship to God through him. We worship the living God with joy, excitement, and expectation.
- We affirm the worth of each person, acknowledging and embracing the individual differences of conviction, theology, and race that often divide people.
- We are committed to reach new people and to develop Christ-centered lives with the Bible as our guide.
- We are called to be a presence for Christ in the community by caring for the needy through involvement in educational, social, and health ministries.
- We are to be a witness of God's love throughout the world by providing prayer and financial support to worldwide mission projects.